WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
- Windows: Stick decals, make lines or one way designs in your windows to prevent bird collisions
- Cats: Keep your cats indoors or in secure inclosures
- Cars: Slow down for wildlife and move carcasses off the road so they won't be hit. 90% of Florida Panthers die due to collisions with cars.
- Pesticides: Use non-lethal methods like removing debris, food and hiding places that attract rodents
- Oil waste: Recycle it. If you leave it uncovered, animals may fall in.
- Hunting: Use copper bullets that don't fragment. If you use lead, wildlife may eat the carcass or entrails and die. Your family may also be poisoned by the fragments. It is a slow and painful death and a slow and painful treatment to remove it.
- Towers, Electric wires, Tall buildings: Be more conservative with energy and have one child families until our population becomes sustainable again.
- Orphaned baby wildlife: Trim trees in winter before nesting season. Walk through the area to be mowed. If you flush parents, mow that area later. It is unlawful to harm nests and native wildlife.